Friday, May 21, 2010

Just a lil' something to share..

While my mind flew years back to when I was still a high school student, I recall the gloriest time of my school years, when my competition team won the St. John Ambulance Malaysia National First Aid and Home Nursing Competition. It was amazing! it was really really amazing. We used stand on the school benches singing the song "We Are The Champion" by Queen whenever we are too tensed up during our training. I laughed, thinking about how we sang so loudly to boost our confidence and spirit in the school pavilion. And trust me, we trained really really HARD, I don't know if the training is smart or not, or maybe sometimes it is smart but one thing for sure is that we trained really really HARD.. and Well, of course by winning the nursing cadet category in national level, we represented Malaysia in the Malaysia-Singapore Competition. Even though we did not manage to win that competition, winning the national level was a great achievement and a record breaking for the organisation unit in my school. All the sacrifice, cutting our hair into a mushroom-like-shape, all the holidays spent in school, all the free time spent, the torture we got from the seniore was all worth it..
And here's some photos I would like to share..
During footdrill..

During nursing (long case).. we nurse the patient after reading the condition and scenario given by the judges who are nurses and doctors from the army..
During first aid (short case)...we render first aid to the fake-up casualty, following the scenario given by the army doctors..

Although this achievement is nothing much, but it mean the world to my team and me. It may be a history, the memories remained fresh in my mind.. and I still smile thinking about it. =)
signing off..

1 comment: